HMB is listed as a top 5 supplements In the Forbes Health article A Guide to the Best Supplements for Muscle Growth.
Muscle plays a vital role in our overall health from allowing us to move to helping us breath to regulating our body temperature. As we age, we will inevitably start to lose muscle mass, so building it and preserving it as much as possible is important.
While exercise plays a role in building muscle, nutrition is also a crucial part to gaining and maintaining muscle mass. The right nutrients not only fuel our activities, but also support our body’s ability to repair and grow muscle tissue. Your muscles cannot grow if you don’t have the appropriate building blocks. Sometimes it can be hard to get all the nutrients we need from food alone, so supplements can come into play to help.
Top 5 Supplements for Muscle Growth
According to experts in the Forbes article these 5 supplements have shown research to suggest they are the best for promoting muscle growth.
- Whey Protein Powder
- Research supports that utilizing whey protein helps to stimulate protein synthesis and reduce muscle protein breakdown to help increase muscle mass.
- Creatine Monohydrate
- Studies have shown that creatine monohydrate can help to increase muscle performance and strength in people who perform short-duration, high-intensity resistance exercise.
- HMB (beta-hydroxy beta-methylbutyrate)
- Studies have shown that HMB helps to increase muscle, strength and power by stimulating protein synthesis and reducing protein breakdown.
- Essential Amino Acids (EAAs)
- Amino acids are the building blocks of protein and research has shown that consuming them before and/or after resistance training can help stimulate muscle protein synthesis.
- Studies suggest that supplementation of beta-alanine can increase power output and lean muscle mass.
To read the full article on these 5 ingredients please click here.