We all are looking to live a long, happy, and healthy life, but are we missing some of the key ingredients to make that happen? Natural health expert Bryce Wylde is here with 5 simple ways to help you live a better life.
Science and technology have allowed us to increase our lifespan, but since people are living longer it’s also important to consider quality of life. Here are 5 things to add to your daily routine to help optimize your health and improve your lifespan.
Photobiomodulation (PBM), also known as low-level light therapy (LLLT), is a non-invasive medical treatment that uses specific wavelengths of light to stimulate cellular function in the body. This therapy involves applying light to the body’s tissues, which helps to reduce inflammation, promote healing, and alleviate pain. Try adding this into your everyday routine for 10 minutes.
Asian mushrooms, such as shiitake, maitake, and reishi, have been used in traditional medicine for centuries and are believed to offer a range of health benefits. Here are a few ways in which these mushrooms can benefit us:
- Boost the immune system: Asian mushrooms contain beta-glucans, which are complex sugars that have been shown to stimulate the immune system.
- Fight inflammation: Many Asian mushrooms contain compounds that have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Improve heart health: Some studies have found that consuming Asian mushrooms may help to lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Support brain function: Asian mushrooms contain compounds that may have neuroprotective effects, meaning they can help to protect the brain from damage and improve cognitive function.
- Aid in weight management: Some research suggests that Asian mushrooms, particularly maitake mushrooms, may have weight loss benefits.
Bifidobacterium longum is a type of beneficial bacteria that is commonly found in the human gut. It is considered a probiotic. This means that it is a live microorganism that provides health benefits to the host when consumed in adequate amounts.
Bifidobacterium longum is believed to have several potential health benefits, including:
- Supporting digestive health: Bifidobacterium longum may help promote the growth of other beneficial bacteria in the gut, which can help improve digestion and nutrient absorption.
- Boosting the immune system: Bifidobacterium longum has been shown to stimulate the immune system, potentially helping to reduce the risk of infections and other immune-related conditions.
- Reducing inflammation: Some studies suggest that Bifidobacterium longum may help reduce inflammation in the body.
- Improving mental health: Bifidobacterium longum has been studied for its potential effects on mood and anxiety, with some research suggesting that it may help improve symptoms of depression and anxiety.
Our muscles make up 40% of our body and are responsible for keeping us moving, active and able. That’s why staying on top of your muscle health is essential!
Luckily, there is a clinically proven ingredient that can help – myHMB. MyHMB, scientifically known as β-hydroxy β-methylbutyrate or HMB, has a unique dual mechanism of action. It stimulates muscle protein synthesis and decreases muscle protein breakdown. Supplementing with myHMB has also been clinically shown to:
- Reduce muscle damage (Nissen et al., 1996)
- Improve body composition (Tinsley et al., 2019)
- Improve strength gains from resistance training (Wilson et al., 2014)
- Improve recovery by reducing damage associated with exercise (Knitter et al., 2000; Jówko et al., 2001)
- Improve endurance by increasing maximal oxygen consumption (Lamboley et al., 2007)
- Improve anabolic effects of plant-based protein (Rittig, et al. 2016)
A cold plunge is a type of hydrotherapy. It that involves immersing your body in cold water, typically for a short period of time. Here are some potential benefits of cold plunging:
- Reducing inflammation: Cold water immersion has been shown to reduce inflammation in the body, which can be helpful for people with conditions such as arthritis or muscle soreness.
- Improving circulation: Cold water immersion can cause vasoconstriction, which narrows blood vessels and can increase blood flow to the organs when the body is warmed back up. This can help improve circulation and oxygenation to the body’s tissues.
- Boosting immunity: Exposure to cold water can stimulate the immune system, leading to an increase in the production of white blood cells and other immune cells.
- Reducing stress: Cold water immersion can activate the parasympathetic nervous system, which is responsible for the “rest and digest” response. This can help reduce stress and promote relaxation.
- Enhancing recovery: Some athletes use cold water immersion as part of their recovery regimen, as it can help reduce muscle soreness and speed up recovery after exercise.
At the end of the day, life is too short. Make the most of it by practicing healthy, sustainable habits each day!