The Memorial Hermann Ironman 70.3 Texas took place this past Sunday, April 7th in Galveston, Texas. This race boasts a 1.2-mile saltwater swim in the Offats Bayou, a 56-mile flat, but windy bike course along the Gulf Coast, and a 13.1-mile run through Moody Gardens where athletes will finish near the Discovery Pyramid. Pro male triathlete Andrew Starykowicz (USA) dominated the day by taking a 7-minute lead heading into T2 and never let up all the way to the finish line.
Team myHMB athlete TJ Tollakson started off his 2019 season in Texas with a swim of 00:24:40, bike of 02:04:35, run of 01:17:50 and an overall time of 03:50:03; placing TJ 4th overall in the Men’s Pro Division.
TJ stated, “Finished 4th with a well balanced race (and minimal fitness). Since I’m already Kona qualified the goal is to build the fitness through the year, stay healthy, and peak in October.”
TJ will compete next at the Ironman 70.3 St. George on May 4th.
Top 5 Pro Men Results:
- Andrew Starykowicz (USA) 3:43:26
- Matt Hanson (USA) 3:47:47
- Matt Russel (USA) 3:48:44
- TJ Tollakson (USA) 3:50:03
- Clay Emge (USA) 3:52:12
Top 5 Pro Women Results:
- Jeanni Seymour (ZAF) 4:01:44
- Lesley Smith (USA) 4:04:34
- Jackie Hering (USA) 4:04:56
- Alicia Kaye (USA) 4:07:29
- Meredith Kessler (USA) 4:08:07